Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by the Accreditation Canada.
||Dietitian - VON 360 Degree Nurse Practitioner Clinic
|The VON 360 Degree Nurse Practitioner Led Clinic is located in the downtown core of Peterborough and serves the primary health care needs of the unattached, underserved or marginalized population in Peterborough, Victoria and Haliburton region.
This position is a member of a multidisciplinary team providing comprehensive, collaborative and client focused care. The clinic will provide “wrap-around” services through referrals and partnerships with area providers and include a focus on health promotion and disease prevention. The Registered Dietitian will be responsible to provide expertise in the area of nutritional health including assessment, recommendations, resource advocacy and client education.
- Develop, utilize and evaluate a plan for nutritional assessment, education and follow up for all patients referred to them by the Primary Care Nurse Practitioners
- Develop, administer and supervise nutrition and food skills programs for patients
- Schedule patient consultations and interviews with the patient/family and assess relevant information to formulate a nutrition care plan
- Collaborate on patient care for patients with multiple health concerns and assists with problem solving for complicated patient health related issues
- Monitor patient progress and liaise with the interdisciplinary treatment team
- Act as a resource within the VON 360 Degree NPLC on nutrition related issues
- Current registration with the College of Dieticians of Ontario
- 1-3 years of experience in a role as a Registered Dietician
- Experience working in a community setting is considered an asset
- Strong verbal and written abilities, demonstrated educational/presentation/facilitation and networking skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish a rapport with specialized population considered an asset
- Computer ability/knowledge
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Current CPR Certification an asset
- Current Criminal Background Check