Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||Licensed Practical Nurse-Full Time
||Nurses who join our team receive diverse assignments and ongoing clinical education and training opportunities. We support our employees by offering a work environment that strives to reinforce work life balance. Corporate values of respect, participation, responsiveness and courage are upheld. These positions will be of interest to nurses who value client teaching, communication, autonomy and decision-making, and find community nursing challenging and rewarding.
||• Registration with CLPNNS and a graduate from an accredited school of nursing
• Some previous clinical experience, with knowledge of the community-nursing model of care
• Demonstrated competencies in observation, independent assessment and health education
• Proficient in clinical nursing skills, and ability to read and interpret technical and clinical instructions related to client care
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Current CPR Certificate-level C and First Aid
• A valid NS driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
||Nova Scotia [NS]
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
VON Canada offers:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Training and skills development
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation
- Employee assistance program
- Employee recognition programs