Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||The Victorian Order of Nurses (VON) is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care service organization, offering high-quality, innovative healthcare services and supports since 1897. We are searching for talented and visionary individuals to play an important leadership role within the VON team in meeting the healthcare needs of your community - it’s a job that matters!
||Manager, Care & Service (Nurse Manager)
||Reporting to the District Executive Director; the Manager, Care and Service (Integrated Care Team) works independently and as part of a collaborative team to result in safe, efficient, effective and coordinated delivery of mainly home-based client support services and programs within a quality and risk management framework. Using a case-management approach, the care and service manager spends much of the time in the field providing direction, supervision and support to service delivery staff (Nursing and Home Support), clients, students, and volunteers. Relationship building with funders and front line staff is essential.
The position is accountable for executing site level operational plans, goals and objectives and in ensuring adherence to organizational policies and practices. Understands and promotes the importance of values, ethics and vision by guiding individuals and groups towards developing, sharing and contributing to the organization’s goals. Establishes and implements effective staff rotations, in accordance with union agreements. Participation in a on-call rotation will be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or commitment to obtain same within 4 years of hire.
- Demonstrated skills over 3-5 years of managing staff in the health care system. Preference will be given to previous experience in a unionized community/home care environment.
- Required experience will include (but not limited to) information and communication technology (e.g., computerized staff and client care scheduling in addition to an ability to work within a suite of software programs and computer applications (e.g., MS Office), budget management, decision making, coaching, negotiation, and program or project management.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, mentoring, coaching, documentation and team-building skills, detail-oriented.
- Experience in developing, monitoring and managing operating budgets an asset including addressing HR cost management.
- Familiarity with quality improvement and risk management and committed to optimal customer service.
- Experience in external relations, negotiating/conflict management, financial management, human resource management and working with staff/students/volunteers.
- Ability to lead and support change, work under pressure and manage multiple projects.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, access to a reliable vehicle and be able to travel in NS
- Current criminal background check will be requested
||Annapolis Valley District
||Nova Scotia [NS]