Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by the Accreditation Canada.
||4635 - OX - CAS
||Registered Practical Nurse - Sakura House Residential Hospice
|Program or Dept.
||Sakura House Residential Hospice
||Sakura House, located in Woodstock Ontario, is Oxford County's only residential hospice and is run by VON Oxford. It is an alternative care setting where skilled 24-hour end-of-life care is provided by a team of professionals with the assistance of professionally trained volunteers at no cost to patients or their families. The specialized palliative care provided at Sakura House focuses on living fully in comfort and dignity until the end of life. The successful candidate will provide excellent direct nursing care services to clients within the VON framework.
- Maintain accurate client clinical records
- Communicate with Case Managers as appropriate
- Participate as a full member of the health care team
- Provide leadership in own professional development
- Participate in CNO Reflective Practice
- Posses knowledge of VON policies and procedures
- Provide clinical leadership within district
- Willing and able to work flexible hours
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Fundamentals of Hospice Palliative Care course completion
- CAPCE completion is a strong asset
- Current CPR and First Aid certification will be requested
- 2 to 5 years clinical experience in hospice palliative care
- Recent experience working in community based health care system is an asset
- Excellent assessment, problem solving and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Current criminal background check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
VON Canada offers the following benefits:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Training and skills development
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation
- Pension plan
- Employee assistance program
- Employee recognition programs