Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by the Accreditation Canada.
||Coordinator of Volunteers
|Total Hours Bi-Weekly
||Community Support Services
||The Coordinator of Volunteers is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day operations of the Volunteer programs within Community Support Services in accordance with VON standards.
The successful candidate is responsible to address client needs identified by the Rai CHA or other assessment/referral information to implement volunteer delivered services.
The Coordinator recruits, directs and motivates volunteers, assesses clients for service, monitors service delivery and contributes to the development, evaluation and promotion of the volunteer program.
- University degree/College Diploma in Health/Social Services discipline (or the equivalent combination of qualifications/education plus experience in community work and volunteer administration)
- Post secondary education in volunteer management or a minimum three years experience in volunteer leadership
- Knowledge and experience in program planning and evaluation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of client assessment and care plan development.
- Knowledge and experience in gerontology is an asset.
- Community development, public speaking, and budgeting experience is an asset.
- Computer experience in Goldcare/Procura and Rai CHA assessments considered a strong asset.
- Valid driver's license, insurance and use of a car is mandatory.
Bilingualism is considered an asset.
|Other Relevant Information
Set hours of work are 8:30am - 1:00pm, 5 days per week. This is a one year contract position ending December 3rd, 2013.