Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Coordinator, Adult Day Program
|Hours Per Week
||The Adult Day Program Coordinator will develop, promote, and participate in social and recreational activities for clients of the Adult Day Program. This includes home assessments, along with developing and planning individuals and/or group activities based on client capabilities. They will participate in the continual orientation and training of students and volunteers as required, and assist with evaluations and presentations. The Adult Day Program is offered to seniors and disabled adults in the community who have difficulty with activities and daily living, but would benefit from interacting in a social, recreational and supportive atmosphere.
- Gerontology Certificate from an accredited college or diploma in Therapeutic Recreation, or related programs
- Experience working with elderly in a social environment preferred
- Knowledge of caregiver issues, healthcare system and community resources
- Demonstrated excellence in organization and time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both as a team member, and independently
- Ability to collaborate with staff, volunteers, family, caregivers, and members of the community •Knowledge and experience in program planning and coordination
- Experience in assessment and evaluation
- Valid driver’s license and use of reliable car
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements
||Annapolis Valley District
||Nova Scotia [NS]