Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||Registered Nurse - Evenings
|Hours Per Week
|Program or Dept.
||Visiting Nursing Program
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the provision and management of appropriate cost-effective nursing care to individuals and/or families in the community. Care is provided within the framework of Quality Management and the standards and scope of practice set by VON and the College of Nurses in Ontario. The RN is also responsible to teach and delegate tasks to different levels of workers as required.
The successful candidate will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide and manage high quality, appropriate and cost effective nursing care to all individuals and/or families in the community who are assigned to their care
- Responsible to teach and delegate tasks and functions to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by VON and the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Comply with all standards, policies, procedures and legislative requirement
- Participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups
- Assist the VON health care team to provide continuity of client care and meet Time Per Visit benchmarks
- Act as an ambassador for VON within the community
- Act as a liaison between VON and Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) Case Manager
The ideal candidate must be immediately functional and possess the following qualifications:
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse in the province of Ontario
- Demonstrated skill in observation, independent assessment, health teaching, communication and interpersonal relationship building
- Good oral and written communication skills and problem-solving abilities
- Previous experience within a community care setting is preferred
- Advanced preparation, certification or skill training is preferred
- Excellent client assessment and teaching skills
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving and decision making
- Ability to work both independently and within a multi-disciplinary health team approach to service delivery
- Demonstrated commitment to life long learning (continuing education) to meet emerging workplace demands
- Valid driver’s license, insurance and access to a reliable vehicle
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||VON Canada offers:
Career advancement opportunities
Training and skills development
Group benefit coverage
Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
Employee assistance program
Employee recognition programs