Are you interested in this job opening? Click on Apply Now
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please click on Tell A Friend
to send this opportunity to a friend.
The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Queensway Health Centre
||Social Worker W/T Mental Health Assertive Community Treatment Team
||Temp Full Time
||Mental Health W/T Assertive Community Treatment Team
|# of Positions
||Clinical Patient Services (CPS04) - $36.21-42.60
|Hours of Work/Shifts
||Primarily Monday - Friday
- Provides client-centred treatment, rehabilitation and support to clients of the Assertive Community Treatment Team.
- Assumes primary responsibility for developing, implementing, and evaluating the overall treatment goals for clients.
- Conducts comprehensive assessments
- Provides support counselling and symptom management to individuals and their families
- Facilitates family meetings and family education
- Acts as advocate for clients’ rights and preferences
- Consults with Community agencies and families to maintain co-ordination in the treatment process
- Provides on-call crisis intervention covering night time hours
- M.S.W. combined with a minimum of 5 years clinical experience in mental health, particularly, dealing with people with severe and persistent mental health problems
- Registered with OCSW & SSW, and membership with OASW
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Previous experience in the community preferred
- Able to function as a member of a consensus based, decision making multidisciplinary team
- Positive work and attendance record essential
- Access to a car and a valid driver’s license is essential
The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organization's policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted