The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Health System Manager, Mental Health
||Management Services (MS02)
Trillium Health Centre has an immediate opportunity for a Mental Health Program Manager who will provide efficient and quality in-patient and out-patient services through effective management and leadership of staff, and financial resources within the Adult Inpatient Programs, and Mental Health Urgent Response and Crisis Intervention Programs.
- A Baccalaureate degree, Master’s degree is preferred in a health related discipline and at least 5 years of supervisory experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.is required
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario is preferred
- Knowledge of mental illness and experience in the mental health field
- Exceptional interdisciplinary leadership skills
- Effective team building and creative thinking skills along with the ability to function effectively during periods of rapid change and transition
- Analytical, problem solving and effective interpersonal and communication skills are essential
- Advanced working knowledge of computers and relevant software
- Provide leadership in program development, implementation and evaluation in collaboration with Mental Health Program Leadership Team
- Manage patient care processes that enable each team member to deliver high quality care and achieve excellence in clinical standards
- Support and facilitate the development of interdisciplinary teams to achieve clinical practice standards
- Provide leadership in continuous quality improvement through data analysis of quality, utilization and outcome indicators
- Development and implementation of innovative action plans to achieve required performance targets
- Support and facilitate the delivery of patient centered care
- Develop and maintain effective linkages, and coordinate services with other community providers and regional partners
- Actively participate in committees, both internal and external, addressing collaboration and coordination of services
- Manage human resources, including recruitment and performance management, coaching and mentoring.
- Foster entrepreneurial and innovative ideas that enhance service delivery and cost effectiveness
Internal employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organization’s policies and procedures.
We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre are identified under the French Language Services Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.