The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Combined [Mississauga/West Toronto]
||Nurse Continence Advisor (NCA), Seniors' Health System - Full Time
||Clinical Patient Services(CPS04.2) -$30.17 - 42.85
|Hours of Work/Shifts
||Available to work all shifts including
Primarily Monday - Friday
||ONA JOB POSTING
In October 2010, the Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network (MH LHIN) funded a Regional Continence Program for Seniors. This program includes community-based continence clinics, continence home visits, and public and health care professional education across the MH LHIN. This program provides a continuum of continence services for well seniors to those who are frail and cognitively impaired. The Nurse Continence Advisor (NCA) will report to the Clinical Manager, Seniors’ Health Services. The NCA is responsible for completing a standardized continence assessment, identifying contributing factors, providing continence-related health teaching, developing plan of care in collaboration with clients/families, and assessing progress for seniors seen in either the continence clinics or home visits. The NCA is also responsible for providing continence education and facilitating the collection of quality improvement data including measures of quality of life, personal costs related to incontinence management, and self-efficacy. The NCA works collaboratively with the Program’s Clinical Coordinator to ensure successful functioning of the Regional Continence Program for Seniors.
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Successful graduate of McMaster University’s Nurse Continence Advisor Distance Education Program
- Experience as a NCA in clinic and/or community settings
- Experience in gerontological nursing
- Client-centred care philosophy
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and group presentation skills
- Able to prioritize tasks and manage time well
- Able to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interprofessional team
- Strong computer skills and proficient in basic Microsoft Office applications
- Exhibits excellent customer relations and consistently is courteous, understanding, and respectful in interactions with clients, partner organizations and colleagues
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License, relevant insurance and use of own vehicle
- Assesses and manages the clients that are scheduled to be seen in the continence clinic and/or for home visits to which the NCA is assigned
- Keeps accurate records of clients’ appointments and visits
- Documents details of incontinence history, physical assessment and treatment plan using standardized tool and in clients’ health records
- Creates successful treatment plans with clients based on a self-management, client-directed goal setting philosophy
- Discharges clients and sends paper chart for scanning
- Links with primary care physician and other health care professionals as necessary
- Communicates clearly and in a timely manner with the Seniors’ Health Services Clinical Manager and Clinical Coordinator regarding clinical issues, risks, supplies, etc.
- Delivers education sessions to increase awareness of incontinence, help seniors self-manage continence, and promote the Regional Continence Program for Seniors
- Manages and protects all documents containing personal and personal health information when working in the community
- Performs other duties deemed necessary for successful implementation of the Regional Continence Program for Seniors
The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organization's policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted