· Current cardiovascular surgery experience and/or general surgery and/or medicine experience with knowledge of arrhythmia, as well as wound management is required
· Level 2 coronary care certificate preferred
· Ability to think critically and effectively prioritize needs in emergency situations
· Highly effective decision making, problem solving and organizational skills combined with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
· Demonstrated interest in pursuing cardiac nursing continuing education opportunities
· Responsible and accountable for decisions and actions in the provision and management of nursing care for patients undergoing cardiac surgery
· Practitioner, consultant and educator for cardiac surgery patient groups and health team members
Internal employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.