| Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Comprehensive Stroke Unit
|Hours of Work/Shifts
||Available to work all shifts including
The Educator role functions as a practitioner, consultant, educator and facilitator for all team members and management. Key to this role is identification of staff learning needs followed by development, implementation and evaluation of programs. Apart from “unit-system” work, the Clinical Educator provides consultation and support throughout the hospital and participates in hospital wide educational initiatives, working groups or committees as required. Working with other Clinical Educators, you will plan, develop, implement and evaluate the orientation and ongoing education programs for the Neuroscience arm of the Neuro/MSK Program, including Neurosurgery (including Special Care Unit), Neurodiagnostics, Surgical Spine Unit, and Comprehensive Stroke Unit. You will continue to develop the Neuroscience Nursing curriculum which is the foundation for professional development within the service.
Key Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Current registration or eligibility for registration with the CNO is required
- BScN is required
- Five years recent Neuroscience experience is required
- A post graduate degree in a related field is preferred
- Post graduate certificate in Neuroscience Nursing and/or CNA certification is an asset
- Experience in Adult Education preferred
- Experience with cardiac and arterial line/pressure monitors is an asset
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are required; combined with the ability to prepare and teach in the classroom and clinical settings
- Previous experience evaluating teaching methods and reviewing pertinent clinical research is an asset
- Your philosophy of education promotes a positive and continuous learning climate and is enhanced by your enthusiasm and innovation in nursing and nursing education
- Reliable and flexible individual to work as part of a diverse work team
- Highly effective decision-making, problem solving and organizational skills
- Positive work and attendance record required
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organization’s policies and procedures.
We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.