· Completion of a clerical/secretarial training program or equivalent education essential
· Solid clerical experience, with experience in a fast paced outpatient clinic preferred.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills combined with good problem solving skills when dealing with patients, visitors, families and other hospital staff
· Excellent computer and keyboarding skills combined with working knowledge of medical terminology order entry and booking essential
· Experience with Medi-tech essential – Expert knowledge of all Medi-tech applications preferred
· Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
· Positive work and attendance performance essential
· Patient centered and customer focused at all times
· Assists with documentation and communication related to appointment scheduling, patient registration/admission, care processes, and post-discharge follow-up
· Performs clerical support functions
· Will liaise with the nurses and physicians to coordinate other related tasks, such as rescheduling of patient appointments when changes in physician coverage occurs, and with new consult bookings
· Establishes, implements and maintains effective processes to ensure efficient operation of care centre while on duty
· Enters payroll for the staff
· Accuracy and attention to detail when performing a variety of tasks
· Responds to basic queries from staff, patients and visitors
· Other related duties as assigned may include:
o Contact with primary doctor’s secretary assigned to them in order to co-ordinate their office schedule and clinic schedule.
o Understanding and Maintaining the Meditech MSM grid for scheduling appointments
o Ordering supplies from Grand and Toy, Meditech, Medirex.com, and Trillium Intranet i-care
o Liaise with Peel Regional Cancer center and Princess Margaret Hospital as required
Internal employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.