The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Combined [Mississauga Hospital/Queensway Health Centre]
||Medical Education Consultant
||Medical Education Office, The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre
||Consultant Support (CSS03) - $35.33-41.56
This is a great time to be part of The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre!
An award-winning multi-site hospital, we continue to be recognized for the quality of our care, the innovation of our thinking and practices, and the healthy workplaces we are creating.
Reporting to the Medical Education Manager, the Medical Education Consultant will work alongside other Medical Education Consultants on the implementation of the Medical Education Program, and will be responsible for supporting the Family Medicine Teaching Units at both sites.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Works with Medical Education Consultants on the implementation of the Medical Education Program
- Provides support for the Director, Medical Education and Medical Education Manager in the management of the Family Medicine Teaching Units (FMTU) at both sites.
- Works collaboratively with the staff of the Medical Education Office and physician education leaders in the FMTUs and hospital departments
- Develops and implements new policies and procedures where required for the Medical Education Office and the FMTUs
- Coordinates and prepares agendas and materials for the FMTU Steering Committee
- Prepares briefing notes on the development, implementation and ongoing status of the Medical Education Program for various medical education-related committees and Senior Management Team
- Develops and coordinates physician education lead agreements and contracts
- Coordinates with clinical department staff and tracks acquisitions of educational equipment
- Prepares and drafts department specific documentation for the University of Toronto accreditation process
- Prepares and drafts responses to various University surveys and questionnaires
- Supports the Director and Medical Education Manager with special projects for medical education
- Master’s Degree in a related discipline. Health Administration/Business Administration preferred
- 3+ years work experience in the healthcare industry/hospital environment;
- 2-3 years Project Management skills/experience;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Business proposal writing and presentation skills are essential;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize workload;
- Strong relationship building and management skills, including the ability to interact with a wide-range of clinical, educational, and management professionals;
- Experience with MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and the ability to construct reports and presentations with well-structured thoughts and presentation style are required.
- Experience with MS Project would be an asset;
- Flexibility, creativity, patience and persistence;
- Ability to work with tight deadlines.
Internal employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organization's policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted