Our 30 bed closed intensive care unit (ICU) exemplifies a culture of shared leadership that promotes decision-making as close as possible to the point of care. We were one of the first hospitals to implement a Medical Emergency Team, which allows Nurses to take their critical care skills right to the patients’ bedside.
We offer a uniquely diverse practice setting as an acute care academically affiliated hospital with comprehensive community based programs and several tertiary programs - Advanced Cardiac, Neurosciences (including stroke and surgery), Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence and Mental Health.
· 1 year of recent ICU experience required with knowledge of Arrhythmias required
· Must have Critical Care or equivalent experience with the ability to care for Hemodynamically unstable and ventilated patients
· ACLS required within 6 months of hire
· Ability to think critically and effectively in order to prioritize needs in emergency situations
· Highly effective decision making, problem solving and organizational skills combined with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
· Positive attendance and work record essential
· Responsible and accountable for decisions and actions in the provision and management of nursing care for patients requiring critical care
· Practitioner, consultant and educator for critical care patient groups and health team members
Internal employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.