Are you interested in this job opening? Click on Apply Now
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please click on Tell A Friend
to send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply NowTell A Friend
| Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Trillium Health Partners [Mississauga Hospital][Queensway Health Centre][Credit Valley Hospital]
||Advanced Practice Nurse
||Heart Function Clinic
|# of Positions
||Clinical Patient Services (CPS06) - $50.58-58.55
- Reporting to the Director of the Cardiac Health Program, the Nurse Practitioner is an advanced practice nurse whose role is comprised of five domains of practice including clinical practice, leadership, collaboration, research and consultation.
- Supports the cardiac program by performing advanced patient care assessments and coordinating care for patients with complex co-morbidities, ordering appropriate diagnostic tests, pain and symptom management, and patient education in an in-patient environment
- The Nurse Practitioner engages in clinical mentoring and/or other academic activities through clinical appointment with an academic institution.
- The Nurse Practitioner works in a collaborative practice model with physicians, nurses and inter-professional team members to provide quality care to patients and their families within the area of cardiac nursing to achieve quality clinical outcomes through evidence based practice.
- In partnership with Physician and administrative leadership develop the policy and practice standards to support one patient experience across the organization
- Provides a key leadership role in evaluating quality of care and patient outcomes within the specialty population, in partnership with physicians and other members of the inter-professional team.
- Identifies quality initiatives that will strengthen and further develop nursing professional practice.
- The Nurse Practitioner provides leadership and assists with professional development of team members through mentoring and participating in formal and informal education initiatives.
- Minimum masters level nurse practitioner preparation
- Current registration in the Extended Class with College of Nurses of Ontario (Successful completion of Ontario NP-Adult Extended Class examination)
- 3-5 years clinical experience in care of the acute care adult patients
- Clinical experience in cardiac patient management along with a strong interest
- Advanced assessment and diagnostic reasoning skills
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Must be able to practice independently and interdependently
- Demonstrated leadership to advance the practice of nursing and inter-professional practice to achieve established goals
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop positive relationships with patients, families, physicians and inter-professional team members
- Demonstrated use of theory and research to enable evidence based practice
- Experience with research methodology, program planning and evaluation
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support certification
- Current Advance Cardiac Life Support certification
Internal employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organization’s policies and procedures.
We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.