The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Registered Nurse - Obstetrics
||Women's & Children Health System
||Clinical Patient Services(CPS04.2) -$30.17 - 42.85
|Hours of Work/Shifts
||Available to work all shifts including
12 hour shifts
ONA JOB POSTING
- Minimum 2 year of Medical/Surgical Nursing experience required
- Previous intrapartum and postpartum experience a definite asset
- Perinatal Nursing High Risk Obstetrics Program Certificate in progress and/or willingness to enrol and complete in 1st year of employment in Birthing Suite
- Current NRP and CPR certificates required
- Current Fetal Health Surveillance certificate required
- Willingness to complete MORE-OB Program or Awareness of the MORE-OB Program
- Lactation Consultant Certification (IBCLC) and/or Registered Nurse with recent breastfeeding knowledge preferred
- Ability to think critically and effectively in order to prioritize needs in emergency situations
- Highly effective decision making, problem solving and organizational skills combined with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work between OBS and BSU is required
- Reliable and flexible individual to work as part of a diverse work team
- Positive attendance and work record essential
- Thinks critically, changes and adapts quickly and sets appropriate priorities and interventions in emergency situations
- Acts as a patient advocate and contributes in establishing a patient centred birthing and postpartum experience
- Works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team members to assess, plan, treat and evaluate the individualized care for each mother and family (i.e.: Anaesthesia, Midwife, Obstetrician, Paediatrician and social work)
- Provide postpartum care for all new moms and babies
- Newborn assessments, management of newborn requiring phototherapy
- Provides health teaching in postpartum care and care for the newborn
- Breastfeeding teaching and support
We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre are identified under the French Language Services Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Internal employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.