As a medical lab technologist you will receive specimens for laboratory analysis and perform various tests to obtain data for the purpose of diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. Your effective communication, interpersonal skills and professionalism will enhance your ability to work as part of a strong and dynamic team of professionals.
· Current general C.M.L.T.O. Registration (with no restrictions)
· 3 years current core lab with strong working knowledge of chemistry, haematology and immunohaematology experience preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with effective interpersonal skills
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a dynamic team setting
· Positive work and attendance record
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for understanding the function of assigned department(s)
· Performs duties within assigned department(s) at both sites as set out by the Resource Technologist or designate
· Performs tests in compliance with the procedural criteria in each department and interprets results whenever indicated
· Reports technical/mechanical problems and unusual reports as per departmental policy to the Resource Technologist, designate or medical consultant as appropriate
· Follows work guidelines and standards for safety as set out in the Laboratory Safety Manual
· Actively involved with the Departmental Continuous Quality Improvement Program
Internal employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.