| Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Combined [Mississauga Hospital/Queensway Health Centre]
||Manager, Employee & Labour Relations – Full-Time
||HR, Vol Resources & Organizational Effectiveness
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources and Organizational Development, the Manager, Employee and Labour Relations will bring a high level of expertise, leadership and support, in the areas of Labour Relations, Employee Relations and Recruitment combined with demonstrated operational experience with Project Management and HRIS systems. The Manager will work closely with all levels of management, union representatives and employees to establish and maintain a culture of positive and collaborative labour relations. The Manager will lead negotiations with all union groups and will provide expertise when preparing for and representing the organization in mediation and arbitration cases. The Manager will be accountable for ensuring the day to day labour relations and recruitment practices and policies to develop and enhance the operational objectives and corporate goals and values.
Strong leadership skills, innovative thinking and values-based approach to decision-making combined with effective communication skills support team building and nurture professional growth, extending beyond the organization to attract and build unique internal and external partnerships.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned HR leader who possesses the following skills and attributes:
- Achievement/results oriented
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop others
- Ability to impact and influence key decision makers, working across organization and cross-functional boundaries
- Possess an energetic leadership attitude
- Sound problem solving, driven to make informed decisions
- Strategic business sense, understand the “big picture” and the ability to anticipate future needs and identify potential opportunities and challenges
- In collaboration with the Director, Human Resources and Organizational Development, manages the labour relations function including but not limited to: collective bargaining, collective agreement application & administration, grievance and arbitration procedures, workplace complaints process, labour relations training, discipline, attendance awareness and employment legislation
- Leads in the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to labour relations and ensures compliance with all applicable legislation and regulations
- Effectively leads the collective bargaining process
- Leads and facilitates the labour management meetings
- Leads the design and development of labour relations education and training initiatives for management and staff
- Ensures the implementation and evaluation of strategic recruitment initiatives in collaboration with the HR recruitment team
- Monitor performance indicators; i.e. sick absence, levels of grievances and disciplines, work/life balance, etc. and develop solutions to enable positive outcomes
- As part of the HR Management team, contributes to the strategic development of HR programs, policies and processes by developing a progressive, business focused employee / labour relations strategy to the current and future needs of the organization
- Provide expertise, training and support to all levels of management to ensure the effective management of all employee / labour relations issues
- Supervises, coaches and mentors staff to reach maximum potential by collaboratively developing goals and objectives
- Responsible for the management of the Labour Relations Senior Advisor, Labour Relations Consultants and the Recruitment team
- Manages department budget by providing analysis, trending and forecasts to develop strategies and address variances and ensure efficient and effective use of human, material and financial resources
- Establishes and reports on key performance indicators to measure employee relations success and reports on monthly and quarterly basis
- A university degree in human resources or labour / industrial relations (Master’s level preferred)
- CHRP designation preferred
- Minimum 5 years management experience in a multi union, multi-site hospital / health care environment including senior-level responsibility for a broad range of human resources initiatives with numerous stakeholders
- Creative problem solver with the ability to lead and motivate individuals in high performing work teams
- Effective leadership, critical thinking and team building skills
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to establish trust at all levels within the organization
- Advanced negotiations, problem solving, conflict resolution and decision making skills
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing contentious situations / people issues
- Strong knowledge and experience working with relevant employment and labour legislation
- Strong knowledge of current benchmarking trends and issues in human resources
- Strong project management skills
- Strong organizational and multi-task skills
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook,
- Demonstrated ability to work in an exciting, fast paced, fast changing environment
- Knowledge in HR technology best practices
- Flexible with working hours to suit operational requirements
Position Location and Travel: Travel between the 3 main sites of The Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga Hospital and Queensway Health Centre will be required
Internal employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organization’s policies and procedures.
We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.