· Demonstrated clinical competence in nursing practice
· Previous oncology nursing experience required
· Previous Med/Surg, Emergency or ICU experience required.
· Palliative care nursing experience an asset
· Excellent physical assessment skills
· C.N.A. Oncology Certification or Community College Course preferred
· de Souza Oncology Certification required
· Recent/current experience with I.V. starts, phlebotomies, central lines experience and certification, with expertise in various types of infusion pumps, CVAD’s, and chemotherapy administration
· Ability to multitask in a fast paced multidisciplinary team
· Ability to work as a cohesive member of a multidisciplinary team
· Effective decision making, problem solving and organizational skills combined with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
· Positive attendance and work record essential
· Responsible and accountable for decisions and actions in the provision and management of medical care for patients
· The primary focus in this position encompasses both systemic therapy and supportive care for oncology patients
· Practitioner, consultant and educator for appropriate patient groups and health care team members
Internal employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.