Are you interested in this job opening? Click on Apply Now
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please click on Tell A Friend
to send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply NowTell A Friend
| Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Combined [Mississauga/West Toronto]
||Manager - Hospitality/Environmental Services
|# of Positions
|Hours of Work/Shifts
||Available to work all shifts including
37.5 hours a week
Manages the day-to-day operations/services of the Hospitality/Environmental Services department according to standards set by Trillium Health Partners and any applicable regulatory agencies. Fosters teamwork and a teambuilding atmosphere within the Corporate Services Team.
- Degree and/or College Diploma in Business, Hospitality and/or Environmental Services Management or equivalent required
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated management/leadership experience in Hospitality related services, preferably in a Health Care related environment
- Proven knowledge and expertise in standard practices and infection prevention and control (IPAC) as they relate to Housekeeping including project and routine cleaning
- Experience and working knowledge of codes and practices in general and medical waste management within a Health Care setting, including SHARPS, Nuclear and hazardous waste, including Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in providing customer service excellence
- Demonstrated skills in Planning, Financial Analysis, and Work Process Re-Design
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating contracts (i.e. Waste Management)
- Strong leadership, communications and interpersonal skills required
- Strong problem solving, customer service and team building skills required
- Proven ability to work effectively in very stressful and uncertain situations
- Must to able to organize and prioritize work and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and customer service orientated environment.
- Computer literate in advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organization’s policies and procedures.
We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.