This Clinical Educator role will support the patient flow portfolio across sites and will report to the Associate Vice-President of Operational Coordination. The educator is a practitioner, consultant, mentor and facilitator for team members and supports management.This position is responsible for the development and implementation of merged procedures which support quality improvement and the corporate strategy for patient flow
Working primarily with members of the Patient Flow Team, this position will plan, develop, implement and evaluate the corporate policies and protocols for the merged organization in order to advance the work of the patient flow and utilization team.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or Education is preferred
- Five years of recent nursing experience is required
- Effective interpersonal skills combined with the ability to work in collaboration with all members of the Health Care Team both internally and externally across the continuum of care
- Comprehensive knowledge of evidence based practice related to patient access and flow
- Excellent communication and presentation skills combined with the ability to prepare and present or teach in a formal and informal setting
- Previous experience in developing programs, evaluation of teaching methods and in reviewing research pertinent to the respective program
- Your philosophy of education promotes a positive and continuous learning climate and is enhanced by your enthusiasm and innovations in inter-professional education
- Reliable and flexible individual to work as part of a diverse inter-professional team
- Ability to think critically and effectively in order to prioritize needs
- Highly effective decision making, problem solving and organizational skills
- Positive attendance and work record essential
- Actively participate in the appropriate forums for advancing and supporting access and patient flow initiatives
- Skilled working with a broad range of client groups and their significant supports
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.