· Current C.M.L.T.O. certification in Haematology, Immunohematology, Biochemistry, Histology and Bacteriology
· Minimum of 6 years’ experience in specialty
· A.R.T. certification in specialty preferred
· Demonstrated understanding of Quality Management Systems (OLA)
· Demonstrated leadership ability in a team environment
· Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication (written and oral) skills
· Strong computer skills
· Demonstrated commitment to recent Continuing Education
· Strong, demonstrated commitment to enhancing the work of the laboratory and Trillium including work ethic and attendance
· Acts as the technical resource in specialty and provides ongoing expertise to ensure quality of results and adherence to OLA requirements
· Performs routine and special testing as outlined in M.L.T. job description.
· Assist the laboratory in meeting the needs of the Health Centre; strive to attain the highest level of performance possible
· Function with other Laboratory Staff to monitor and improve utilization of resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinate/facilitates staff training within specialty
· Coordinate troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of equipment.
· Ensure inventory/ordering processes are completed.
· Participates in the evaluation and implementation of new equipment and methodologies
· Provides input into employee evaluations and hiring of staff
· Provides statistical summaries to Manager and Director regarding workload and performance indicators
· Monitors use of budget within specialty and reports to Manager and Director regarding variances
· Works in conjunction with other team members to prioritize, co-ordinate and complete area workload
· Shares responsibility for staff scheduling
· Function with other Laboratory team members to monitor and make the most efficient use of resources; liaise with and backup other Resource staff.
· Assist Laboratory personnel in defining and achieving a fulfilling work environment; enhancing personal skills.
· Liaise with Professional Practice Leader to promote continuing medical education.
· Oversees good-housekeeping practices in department
· Monitors on a regular basis compliance with Safety Standards
Internal employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.