Are you interested in this job opening? Click on Apply Now
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please click on Tell A Friend
to send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply NowTell A Friend
| Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Clinical Educator (Interim Temporary FT) - Surgical Health System
||Temp Full Time
||Surgical Health System
|# of Positions
||Surgery & Peri-Op
|Hours of Work/Shifts
||Primarily Monday - Friday
37.5 hours a week
As a member of the Surgery and Perioperative program leadership team, the Clinical Educator role supports the Hospital’s strategic plan and corporate goals and objectives throughout the organization. Reporting to the Program Director of Surgery & Perioperative Program, the Clinical Educator role functions as a practitioner, consultant, educator and facilitator for all team members and management within the perioperative areas. Key to this role is identification of staff learning needs followed by development, implementation, and evaluation of programs. Apart from program specific responsibilities, the Clinical Educator provides consultation and support throughout the Hospital, and participates in Hospital-wide educational initiatives, working
groups, or committees, as required.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate orientation and continuing education to members of the perioperative interprofessional team.
- Collaborate with and support orientation preceptors for clinical experience;
- Monitor and evaluate individual integration of learning into clinical practice and partner with individual members of the interprofessional team to establish recommendations and plans for improvement and/or achievement of clinical excellence;
- Evaluate and monitor proper and safe use of clinical equipment;
- In partnership with the preceptors, arrange for the provision of education and competency testing for Delegated Controlled Acts, advanced nursing competencies and other surgical-specific skills
- Participate in organizational and Program committees as required
- Participate in regional educational and planning activities as required
- Participate in global (hospital wide) education and planning as required
- Current registration with the College of Nurses for Ontario
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree in a health related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience required; Masters degree preferred
- Formal education and experience in program planning and evaluation preferred
- Significant recent related Surgical experience and expert level Surgical clinical ability required
- Operating Room experience/certification an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of adult learning required, Certificate in Adult Education preferred
- Teaching experience in an adult learning environment strongly preferred
- Demonstrated consistency in: approachability, clinical excellence, patience, respectful interactions and diplomacy
- Track record of excellence working individually and as a team member
- Demonstrated leadership skills and proven effectiveness as a mentor
- Demonstrated ability to excel during times of change and role-model effective change management
- Proven commitment to evidence-based practice and reflective practice
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable Standards of Practice
- Competence with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel
- Commitment to organizational values including excellence, collaboration, accountability, respect, and compassion
- Excellent attendance and performance record required
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organization’s policies and procedures.
We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.