Hours of Work/Shifts: Available To Work on Call - Minimum 48 Hours per Month
Trillium Health Centre operates the regional programs for the medical treatment of:
- women and men 12 years of age or older who have been sexually assaulted within the last 72 hours
- women 16 years of age or older who have incurred recent injuries as a result of domestic violence
- children under the age of 12 who have reported sexual assault/abuse
Clients may access this 24-hour service through the Emergency Department and are cared for by a specially trained nurse. A process of: assessment, treatment, documentation (may include photographing injuries), safety planning and referral is undertaken by the nurse in the safety and security of a private unit separate from the Emergency Department called Chantel’s Place.
- Registered Nurse General Class Certificate of Registration and current annual registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Completed or be prepared to complete sexual assault nurse examiner training
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (B.C.L.S.)
- Live no further than 45 minutes drive from the hospital
- Minimum of one year commitment is required
- Participation at a minimum of 50% of the internal Monthly Staff Council Meetings
- Knowledge of, and sensitivity to, the needs of sexual assault/domestic violence survivors
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with excellent assessment skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Preference given to bilingual practitioners
- Ability to speak other languages an asset
Internal employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organization’s policies and procedures.
We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre are identified under the French Language Services Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.