Are you interested in this job opening? Click on Apply Now
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please click on Tell A Friend
to send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply NowTell A Friend
The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||OTA/PTA - Part Time
|# of Positions
||Surgery & Peri-Op
||Clinical Patient Services (CPS02) - $25.44- 30.80
|Hours of Work/Shifts
As an active member of an interdisciplinary team, the dual trained Occupational Therapy Assistant/Physiotherapy Assistant (OTA/PTA) provides client-centred clinical care for assigned patients under the direction and supervision of a Physiotherapist and Occupational Therapist and performs associated functions to support the delivery of the service.
• Certificate from both an Occupational Therapy Assistant Program and Physiotherapy Assistant Program
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support preferred
• Evidence of continuing education is required
• Current knowledge of OTA/PTA practice guidelines is required
• OTA/PTA experience in a hospital or a long term care setting is preferred
• Rehabilitation experience in long term care and rehabilitation is an asset
• Experience using MEDITECH, SCM, ChartMaxx, MS Office
• Experience in working with a patient care team
• Reliable, flexible, creative, self-directed professional able to work effectively and collaboratively with interdisciplinary team
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Demonstrates effective interpersonal, organizational, planning and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to meet the physical demand of the position is required; performing substantial walking, standing, lifting, twisting and bending as required for patient care and other responsibilities
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to change are essential
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• Provides goal-oriented treatment interventions, patient and family education and support to address physical, emotional and self-care needs as assigned
• Provides timely and astute information to relevant team members about patient’s performance (progress and status)
• Participates in program planning, continuous quality improvement and evaluation
• Acts as a coach and/or mentor and supervises activities of OTA/PTA students, volunteers and co-op students as assigned
• Maintains clinical and statistical records and confers with other health care professionals
• Communicates with physician and the Interprofessional healthcare team regarding patients' problems, needs and progress
• Builds effective working relationships with a dynamic, professional team
The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organization's policies and procedures. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted