In this position, you will work collaboratively with the Dietitian to purchase, prepare and cook a variety of food items for the Diabetic population as part of cooking demonstrations. An energetic and effective communicator, you have the ability to build collaborative relationships and provide safe, healthy, knowledgeable and engaging demonstrations.
· Undergraduate degree in Nutrition, or equivalent (or in progress)
· Must have excellent communicating skills
· Must have good knowledge of and apply HACCP protocols
· Ability to communicate effectively, read, write and follow instructions
· Ability to work under minimal supervision to complete assigned tasks
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Applying customer service skills
· Past experience providing education and/or performing demonstrations for groups is an asset.
· A positive work and attendance record is essential
· Purchases, prepares and cooks a variety of food items for clients during cooking demonstrations
· Collaborate with the Dietitian to educate clients regarding food preparation
· Adheres to recipes, portion sizes and preparation methods as specified.
· Maintains clean, safe and sanitary practices and working areas as prescribed
· Participates in and adheres to quality and safety audits and standards as per requirements and relevant legislation
· Access to reliable transportation essential to facilitate shopping for ingredients
· Considerable walking, lifting, standing and bending.
Internal employees who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.