| Trillium Health Partners is a newly merged hospital serving Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities. It is one of Ontario’s largest community-based academic health networks and has a teaching affiliation with the Mississauga Academy of Medicine at the University of Toronto Mississauga.
||Healthcare and Medical Services
||Clinical Educator, Operating Room - Full Time
||Clinical Patient Services (CPS05) - $41.60-49.26
|Hours of Work/Shifts
||Primarily Monday - Friday
As a member of the Surgery and Periop program leadership team, the Clinical Educator role supports the Hospital’s strategic plan and corporate goals and objectives within patient care units and throughout the organization. Reporting to the Program Director of Surgery & Periop, the educator role functions as a practitioner, consultant, educator and facilitator for all team members and management. Key to this role is identification of staff learning needs followed by development, implementation, and evaluation of programs. Apart from program specific responsibilities, the Clinical Educator provides consultation and support throughout the Hospital, and participates in Hospital-wide educational initiatives, working groups, or committees, as required.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is required, Masters preferred.
- A current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- A post graduate course in operating room nursing required
- CPN(C) required
- Five years of recent O.R. experience is required as well as BCLS certification
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills required combined with the ability to prepare and teach in a classroom setting, as well as in a clinical setting
- Previous experience in developing preceptorship programs, evaluation of teaching methods and in reviewing research pertinent to the respective clinical area(s)
- Your philosophy of education promotes a positive and continuous learning climate and is enhanced by your enthusiasm and innovations in nursing and nursing education
- Reliable and flexible individual to work as part of a diverse work team
- Ability to think critically and effectively in order to prioritize needs in emergency situations
- Highly effective decision making, problem solving and organizational skills
- Positive attendance and work record essential
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organization’s policies and procedures.
We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.