Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this position and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone who might be interested in this position.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Toromont CAT has a broad and diverse customer base that will provide consistent variety to exercise all facets of your interest and aptitude. We pride ourselves on our superior products, exceptional customer service and our outstanding team of professionals. Toromont CAT also offers a challenging and rewarding environment with great benefits and active career advancement.
Our Technicians are critical to the business and what make Toromont CAT a leading dealership. We are seeking EPG Technicians in our St. John's, Newfoundland Region to support the customer with superior service and product expertise and always maintain extremely high standards to ensure repairs are completed with the utmost integrity.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please!
||St. John's Branch
||Newfoundland & Labrador [NL]
||EPG Field Service Technicians
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on gensets, industrial engines, marine engines, controls and other auxiliary equipment, such as Automatic Transfer Switches, switchgears and Uninterruptible Power Supplies
- Conduct pre-job hazard assessments and mechanical repairs on engines and generators in both the shop and on customer sites
- Perform basic troubleshooting for all equipment and provide detailed service reports and recommendations on repairs and upgrades
- Use electrical and mechanical testing and calibrating equipment to diagnose and service equipment
- Submit accurate service reports, time cards and other required paperwork in a timely manner
- Interpret electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
- Operate and connect load banks in a test environment
- Perform overhauls on 3300, 3400, 3500 and 6.25" bore engines
- Participate in workplace safety, environmentally sound and healthy behaviours and objectives at all times in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy/ Programs and best practices
- Post Secondary Education with a minimum of 5 years related experience
- Licensed Technician with solid understanding of diesel and gas engines, power fundamentals and electrical controls
- Proficiency with Toromont CAT tools and software such as Electronic Technician, Service Technician Workbench, DBS, Service Scheduler and SIS
- Customer centric with excellent relationship management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Self motivated team player with solid business acumen and high integrity
- Adaptable with often changing and competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Willing and able to work non-standard/on call hours and travel overnight in support of the customer needs
- Valid Driver's License and clean drivers abstract
Toromont CAT is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity.