Toromont CAT has a broad and diverse customer base that will provide consistent variety to exercise all facets of your interest and sales aptitude. We pride ourselves on our superior products, exceptional customer service and our outstanding team of professionals. Toromont CAT also offers a challenging and rewarding environment with great benefits and active career advancement.
We are seeking a Shop Helper, who is organized and flexible in a fast paced environment, to support the London Branch with the work flow in order to provide superior customer service.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies, please.
- Assist Shop Mechanics, Shop Supervisors and Leadhands as directed
- Locate machines and perform pressure washing and machine preparation including moving the machine to end locations before they enter the bays for repairs
- Maintain wash bay cleanliness and manage maintenance of wash bay tools
- Conduct proper shop clean up including cleaning machine skids and oil drain pans for use on all new jobs and any other requirements as requested
- Support Contamination Control efforts by maintaining bulk oil and collection sites and solvent stands according to ISO standards
- Support sales department with shipping and receiving of machines and maintain records as required
- Participate in workplace safety, environmentally sound and healthy behaviours and objectives at all times in support if Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy/ Programs and best practices
- Post Secondary Education with experience in a heavy equipment operation or repair environment
- Customer centric with excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Self starter, independent and a team player with strong initiative and attention to detail
- Adaptable in a fast paced environment with constantly changing priorities
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours in support of the business needs
- Strong computer skills with proficiencies in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver's Licence with a clean driver's abstract
Toromont CAT is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity.