Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this position and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone who might be interested in this position.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Toromont CAT has a broad and diverse customer base that will provide consistent variety to exercise all facets of your interest and aptitude. We pride ourselves on our superior products, exceptional customer service and our outstanding team of professionals. Toromont CAT also offers a challenging and rewarding environment with great benefits and active career advancement.
We are seeking a talented Field ServiceTechnician for our Flin Flon Region to build and maintain strong customer relationships. Our Technicians are critical to the business and what make Toromont CAT a trusted dealer in heavy equipment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies, please.
||Flin Flon Branch
||Field Service Technician
||Product Support Manager
- Undertake field service assignments within the Timmins customer base
- Diagnose mechanical problems using Caterpillar testing equipment
- Maintain quality workmanship to repair Caterpillar equipment within the established time standards
- Prepare accurate service and repair reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain good communication and trusted customer relationships through regular on site visits
- Participate in workplace safety, environmentally sound and healthy behaviours and objectives at all times in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy/ Programs and best practices
- Must possess a valid Heavy Equipment Technician License with a minimum of 5 years experience in repair and service of heavy equipment both in the shop and in the field
- Diverse knowledge of Caterpillar products and systems would be highly beneficial
- Must have a basic knowledge of cutting, welding and fabrication
- Must be able to read and understand prints, drawings and technical bulletins
- Analytical with knowledge of mechanics in electrical and hydraulic systems
- Customer centric with excellent relationship management, interpersonal and communication skills (Bilingual in English and French would be an asset)
- Proven ability to complete repairs/service within established time guidelines in a busy, fast paced environment where priorities are constantly changing
- Self-directed team player with strong initiative, business acumen and integrity
- Focused, flexible, energetic and organized with superior attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with CAT systems (DBS, ET and SIS would be beneficial)
- Knowledge of competitors’ equipment would be an asset
- Willing and able to travel to required locations in the Northern Ontario Region and work in shift rotations in support of the business needs
- Adaptable to on-call working schedules and willing to work in all weather conditions
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract (DZ License would be beneficial)
Toromont CAT is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity.