Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this position and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone who might be interested in this position.
Toromont CAT has a broad and diverse customer base that will provide consistent variety to exercise all facets of your interest and sales aptitude. We pride ourselves on our superior products, exceptional customer service and our outstanding team of professionals. Toromont CAT also offers a challenging and rewarding environment with great benefits and active career advancement.
If you have a positive attitude, an eye for detail and absolute diligence, we want you on the Toromont CAT team! Our Reman Branch is seeking a talented Lab Technician to maintain internal process and customer relationships.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies, please.
||Laboratory Technician (Contract)
- Receive, open and catalogue sample containers for daily operations
- Enter sample registrations in the system
- Calibrate and maintain all laboratory equipment
- Prepare oil samples for analysis via ICP and FTIR Spectrophotometers
- Physically test oil for fuel, water and glycol contamination
- Perform particle count analysis and viscosity tests on oil samples
- Test coolant samples for PH, glycol, conductivity and nitrites
- Monitor status of inventory and maintain neat and clean appearance of lab on daily basis
- Conduct proper disposal of daily waste and sort material for reuse or recycling
- Mail sample results to customers and fill orders for walk-in customers
- Participate in safe, environmentally sound and healthy work behaviours and practices at all times in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy/Program(s) and best practices
- Post secondary education with a technical/chemical focus and 2+ years equivalent experience in a laboratory
- Hands on experience with laboratory equipment an asset
- Customer centric with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Team player with the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment with constantly changing priorities
- Adaptable and able to meet deadlines with a strong sense of urgency
- Self motivated with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be willing to work flexible shifts to meet the demands of the business, including afternoon shifts (noon-8m) and weekends when required
- Computer literate with proficiencies in Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook, and Excel
Toromont CAT is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity.