Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this position and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone who might be interested in this position.
Toromont CAT has a broad and diverse customer base that will provide consistent variety to exercise all facets of your interest and aptitude. We pride ourselves on our superior products, exceptional customer service and our outstanding team of professionals. Toromont CAT also offers a challenging and rewarding environment with great benefits and active career advancement.
Our Heavy Equipment Technicians are critical to the business and what make Toromont CAT a trusted dealer in heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a licensed and experienced technician with high diligence and knowledge of agricultural equipment to work in our Brandon Branch.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies, please.
||Heavy Equipment Technician-Agriculture
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical problems using Caterpillar, AGCO and Lexion testing equipment
- Maintain quality workmanship to repair and service Caterpillar, AGCO and Lexion equipment within the established time standards
- Prepare accurate service and repair reports for Caterpillar, AGCO and Lexion equipment in a timely manner
- Maintain excellent customer relations and communication with the cross functional teams
- Undertake field assignments as required in support of customer needs
- Participate in workplace safety, environmentally sound and healthy behaviors and objectives at all times in support if Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy/ Programs and best practices
- Must possess a valid Heavy Equipment Technician License with a minimum of 5 years experience in the agriculture industry (Preference will be given to those applicants in possession of the Interprovincial Agricultural Equipment Technician Certificate; however consideration will be given to those applicants who are registered with the Provincial Agricultural Equipment Apprentice Program)
- Must have a basic knowledge of cutting, welding and fabrication
- Must be able to read and understand prints, drawings and technical bulletins
- Customer centric with excellent relationship management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to manage often changing and competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with CAT systems an asset
- Must be willing and able to work evening shifts if required
Toromont CAT is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity.