Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this position and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone who might be interested in this position.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
TOROMONT CAT POWER SYSTEMS, utilizing Caterpillar engines, has become an industry leader in the supply of Generators and Electric Power through customized engineering, packaging, design and building complete control and switchgear systems. The commitment to provide the latest technology, quality products and technical expertise to meet constantly changing requirements of a growing industry are the reasons for Toromont Cat’s success.
If you have high integrity and a strong work ethic, we want you on our team! We are seeking a trained Electrical Engineer/Designer for our open Systems Retrofit Engineer/Designer position. The successful candidate will utilize their design experience and knowledge of automation and controls of PLC based systems to reinforce Toromont’s position as a leader in the electrical power business. Our key to success is hiring the best and we’re looking forward to speaking with you!!
At Toromont Cat we offer our Employee's...
Competitive compensation, access to our Health and Wellness Program, Pension, Employee Stock Purchase Plan and RRSPs, Community Involvement Opportunities, Development through our employee Skill Building Courses (providing you with skills to build your career) and Group Medical Benefits including up to 100% Prescription Coverage (Recipients of the Drug Plan Benefits Canada Award).
||Power Systems Orenda
||Systems Retrofit Engineer/Designer
||Systems and Retrofit Manager
- Develop detailed electrical designs, PLC software and HMI programming, test plans, bills of material, Electrical AutoCad drawings and test plans, electrical installation – field and control wiring of PLC equipment, field commissioning and support proposal evaluations
- Manage internal or external manufacturing and provide troubleshooting
- Travel to project sites for field commissioning and project support
- Provide support for equipment that is designed and manufactured internally or externally
- Coordinate the activities of engineering and drafting teams as it relates to the execution of assigned projects
- Partner with the project team to manage project timelines and budgets in accordance to project meetings
- Provide retrofit proposal support and remain current on upcoming projects
- Analyze problems and failures on existing projects and provide assistance to the Field Service Department, specific to retrofits
- Participate in safe and environmentally sound work behaviours and objectives at all times in support of Toromont's Health and Safety Policy/Programs and best practice
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity.