Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this position and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone who might be interested in this position.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
TOP WAGES...BEST BENEFITS...EXCELLENT TRAINING....CAREER PROGRESSION!!!
Toromont CAT has a broad and diverse customer base that will provide consistent variety to exercise all facets of your interest and sales aptitude. We pride ourselves on our superior products, exceptional customer service and our outstanding team of professionals. Toromont CAT also offers a challenging and rewarding environment with great benefits and active career advancement.
If you have highly effective communication and organizational skills with a strong technical aptitude, we would like you on our team to lead and inspire. Toromont CAT is seeking a Technical Training Instructor-Engine/Truck to identify training requirements both inside and outside the Company as it relates to Caterpillar’s Commercial Engine Product Line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies, please.
||To Be Determined
||To Be Determined
||Technical Training Instructor - Engine/Truck
||Service Training Supervisor
Prepare, schedule and present training courses and seminars to customers and technicians that relate to CAT’s engine and truck product line
- Remain current with the CAT product lines through individual and formal training as required with changing technology
- Communicate regularly with the other Service Training Instructors, the Apprenticeship Training Coordinators, Shop Supervisors, Service Managers, Sales Teams and Customers to identify training requirements and development opportunities
- Schedule, utilize and maintain the training department’s classrooms, training bay, tools, projectors and equipment to ensure sound management of resources
Perform training department administrative tasks, including preparing evaluations and reports and any other mandates delegated by the Service Training Supervisor
- Promote and participate in workplace, employee and customer safety, environmentally sound and healthy behaviours and objectives at all times in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy/ Programs and best practices
Post Secondary Education with a focus on Diesel Engine and Truck Technology and 5-10 years industry experience in the field
Must have a Provincial Truck and Coach Certification, Technician License or equivalent
A minimum of 5 years' experience diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing Caterpillar equipment, preferably experience as lead hand, field service technician or other technical supervisory positions
Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and adaptable to changing and multiple priorities to meet aggressive deadlines in a fast paced environment
Comprehensive computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and Caterpillar Service Software
- Willing and able travel and work flexible hours in support of the needs of the business
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract
Toromont CAT is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity.