Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this position and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone who might be interested in this position.
Toromont CAT has a broad and diverse customer base that will provide consistent variety to exercise all facets of your interest and sales aptitude. We pride ourselves on our superior products, exceptional customer service and our outstanding team of professionals. Toromont CAT also offers a challenging and rewarding environment with great benefits and active career advancement.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, customer oriented Parts Counter Person, with a technical aptitude, to play an vital role in service at our Sault Ste Marie Branch advising and distributing parts to new and existing customers. The Parts Counter Person will provide superior service to maintain strong customer relationships for ongoing business opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies, please.
||Sault Ste Marie Branch
||Sault Ste. Marie
||Parts Counter Person
||Product Support Manager
Coordinate the daily functions of the parts operations, including procuring, ordering, backorders, core processing, picking and delivery of parts to internal and external customers
- Process email and phone orders as well as sell parts over the counter
- Ensure customer requirements are met in an efficient, knowledgeable and professional manner
- Maintain the parts physical and electronic inventory and assemble hydraulic hoses to the CAT standards
- Process all core returns and warranty parts
- Provide on call service on weekends for emergency parts orders and all other required functions of the parts operations as necessary
Participate in workplace safety, environmentally sound, healthy behaviours and objectives at all times in support if Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy/ Programs and best practices
- Post Secondary Education and 3+ years experience on heavy equipment or truck parts counter/inside sales
- Technical/mechanical aptitude and/or background in heavy equipment / truck equipment
- Customer centric with strong interpersonal skills and relationship building capacity
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter, independent and a team player with a sense of urgency
- Computer and systems literate with proficiencies with DBS, Excel and Word
- Knowledge of CAT SIS, or experience with Toromont parts operations would be an asset
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours in support of the business needs
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract
Toromont CAT is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity.