Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this position and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone who might be interested in this position.
Toromont CAT has a broad and diverse customer base that will provide consistent variety to exercise all facets of your interest and aptitude. We pride ourselves on our superior products, exceptional customer service and our outstanding team of professionals. Toromont CAT also offers a challenging and rewarding environment with great benefits and active career advancement.
We are seeking a talented Field ServiceTechnician for our Winnipeg Branch to build and maintain strong customer relationships. Our Technicians are critical to the business and what make Toromont CAT a trusted dealer in heavy equipment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies, please.
||Field Service Technician
||Field Service Supervisor
- Diagnose mechanical problems using Caterpillar testing equipment
- Maintain quality workmanship to repair Caterpillar equipment within the established time standards
- Prepare accurate service and repair reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain good communication and trusted customer relationships through regular on site visits
- Participate in workplace safety, environmentally sound and healthy behaviours and objectives at all times in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy/ Programs and best practices
- A valid Heavy Duty Equipment Technician License with a minimum of 5 years experience in repair and service of heavy equipment both in the shop and in the field
- Diverse knowledge of Caterpillar products and systems with basic knowledge of cutting, welding and fabrication
- Able to read and understand prints, drawings and technical bulletins
- Analytical with knowledge of mechanics in electrical and hydraulic systems
- Customer centric with excellent relationship management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to complete repairs/service within established time guidelines in a busy, fast paced environment where priorities are constantly changing
- Self-directed team player with strong initiative, business acumen and integrity
- Focused, energetic and organized with superior attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- Willing to work flexible shifts to meet the demands of the business, including afternoon shifts
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Cat systems (ET and SIS would be beneficial)
- Knowledge of competitors’ equipment would be an asset
- Adaptable to on-call working schedules and willing to work in all weather conditions
- A valid Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract
Toromont CAT is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity.