Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this position and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone who might be interested in this position.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Toromont CAT has a broad and diverse customer base that will provide consistent variety to exercise all facets of your interest and sales aptitude. We pride ourselves on our superior products, exceptional customer service and our outstanding team of professionals. Toromont CAT also offers a challenging and rewarding environment with great benefits and active career advancement.
Are you an enthusiastic, positive and energetic individual with a technical aptitude? If so, Toromont CAT would like you on the team. We are seeking a Parts Counterperson/Shipper for our Winnipeg Branch to continue trusted relationships with our customers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies, please.
- Coordinate the daily functions of the parts operations, including procuring, ordering, backorders, core processing, picking and delivery of parts to internal and external customers
- Handle potential rental inquiries in a prompt and courteous manner while ensuring all aspects of the work flow are being performed and completed with high standards
- Primary contact with field and branch personnel to ensure accurate and timely deliveries are performed
- Manage all paperwork as it relates to each shipping / parts department task to ensure that the process has been adhered to
- Coordinate all equipment transportation requests from service, sales, and rental departments to ensure that all customer and branch timelines have been met
- Coordinate the daily functions of the parts operations
- Clean and prep all necessary equipment and ensure accurate documentation is kept
- Maintain and organize compound / facility to promote branch effectiveness and appearance
- Ensure customer’s needs are met in an efficient, knowledgeable and professional manner
- Participate in safe work and environmentally sound behaviours and objectives at all times in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy/Program(s) and best practices
Post secondary education and 3+ years experience on a forklift, heavy equipment or truck parts counter/inside sales would be an asset
- Technical/mechanical aptitude and/or licensed/background in forklift / heavy equipment / truck equipment would be an asset
- Customer centric with strong interpersonal skills and relationship building capacity
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Self starter, independent and a team player with a sense of urgency
- Computer and systems literate with proficiencies with DBS, Excel and Word
- Knowledge of CAT SIS, or experience with CAT parts operations or similar systems would be an asset
- Some knowledge of material handling equipment or operator experience would be an asset.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours in support of the business needs
Must have a valid driver's license with a current and clean driver’s abstract
Toromont CAT is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity.