Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this position and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone who might be interested in this position.
Toromont CAT has a broad and diverse customer base that will provide consistent variety to exercise all facets of your interest and sales aptitude. We pride ourselves on our superior products, exceptional customer service and our outstanding team of professionals. Toromont CAT also offers a challenging and rewarding environment with great benefits and active career advancement.
We are seeking a diligent, customer oriented Credit Manager with excellent communications skills, to play an vital role in sales Department at our Concord Head Office maintaining solid relationships with our existing customers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies, please.
||Concord Head Office
||Vice President & GM, Central Ontario
- Review accounts receivables and contact customers on past due accounts to collect payments and ensure bad debt is reduced
- Input and allocate customer payments to maintain DSO’s at an acceptable level
- Visit high profile customers on a regular basis and communicate the value of the Cat Commercial Card to all our customers, as well as promote the Card within the Branches
- Authorize credit release of parts, service orders and machine deals to ensure customers are "credit worthy" for their credit sales and respond to our credit partners with regards to our customers status
- Process credit applications for new customers and monitor existing customers
- Set up credit limits accurately to meet customer’s credit sales and ensure undue financial risk to Toromont CAT
- Review credit limits and revise as necessary for consistency with customer’s current "credit worthiness"
- Communicate with sales and service departments regularly to avoid or resolve any possible customer invoice disputes
- Register various types of liens on sales or rental agreements such as PMSI and PPSA and RSLA on larger service jobs
- Attend regular credit meetings
- Participate in workplace safety, environmentally sound, healthy behaviours and objectives at all times in support if Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy/ Programs and best practices
- Post Secondary Education in Business Administration and a strong Accounting capability
- Customer centric with excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills with strong relationship building capacity
- Self motivated, independent and assertive team player with the ability to work at all levels of management to resolve customer disputes
- Strategic with excellent negotiation, analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of the different types of liens such as PPSA, PSLA, PMIS
- Solid business acumen with the ability to analyze customer’s Financial Statement and utilize Equifax to properly determine the "credit worthiness" of our customers
- High integrity and able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
- High proficiency computer and systems skills and adaptable to various accounting software including experience with MS Office applications
Toromont CAT is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity.