Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this position and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone who might be interested in this position.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Toromont CAT has a broad and diverse customer base that will provide consistent variety to exercise all facets of your interest and sales aptitude. We pride ourselves on our superior products, exceptional customer service and our outstanding team of professionals. Toromont CAT also offers a challenging and rewarding environment with great benefits and active career advancement.
If you are engaging, influential and can captivate an audience with your charisma, we would like you on our TEAM! We are seeking a Technical Training Instructor-Heavy Equipment with vast mobility, strong technical aptitude, dynamic presntations skills and proven leadership.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
||To Be Determined
||Technical Training Instructor, Heavy Equipment
||Service Training Supervisor
- Prepare, schedule and present training courses and seminars to customers and technicians that relate to CAT’s machine product line
- Remain current with the CAT machine product lines through individual and formal training as required with changing technology
- Communicate regularly, with the other Service Training Instructors, the Apprenticeship Training Coordinators, Shop Supervisors, Service Managers, Sales Teams and Customers to identify training requirements, development opportunities and continuation of course schedules
- Schedule, utilize and maintain the training department’s classrooms, training bay, tools, projectors and equipment to ensure sound management of resources
- Perform training department administrative tasks, including preparing evaluations, reports and any other duties delegated by the Service Training Supervisor
- Promote and participate in safe workplace safety, environmentally sound behaviours and objectives at all times in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy/Programs and best practices
- Post Secondary Education with a focus on Heavy Equipment Technology and 5-10 years training and industry experience
- Must possess a Provincial Heavy Equipment Certification, Mechanics Licence or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years of experience diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing Caterpillar machine equipment, preferably with experience as lead hand, field service technician or other technical supervisory positions
- Superior communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with effective leadership and coaching capabilities
- Successful team building skills with an emphasis on customer service
- High integrity and solid business acumen with the ability to collaborate at all levels of the organization and with the customer
- Self-motivated and able to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (experience with DBS, SIS, ET would be an asset)
- Willing and able to travel and a valid Driver’s Licence and clean driver's abstract
Toromont CAT is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity.