Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this position and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone who might be interested in this position.
Toromont CAT has a broad and diverse customer base that will provide consistent variety to exercise all facets of your interest and aptitude. We pride ourselves on our superior products, exceptional customer service and our outstanding team of professionals. Toromont CAT also offers a challenging and rewarding environment with great benefits and active career advancement.
Our Field Service Technicians are critical to the business and what make Toromont CAT a trusted dealer in heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a licensed and experienced field service technician with high diligence and knowledge of agricultural equipment to work in our Brandon Branch.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies, please.
||Field Service Technician-Agriculture
**Please note this is a bargaining unit position and the results of the plant posting process will determine if the position will be open to non-union candidates.** Closing date for this posting is November 5h, 2012.
Our Field Service Technicians at the Brandon Branch are responsible for repairing equipment and maintaining trusted customer relationships out in the field daily through solid technical expertise and broad agricultural product knowledge along with high diligence and excellent communication skills.
- Undertake field service assignments within the Brandon customer base
- Diagnose mechanical problems using Caterpillar, AGCO and Lexion testing equipment
- Maintain quality workmanship to repair Caterpillar, AGCO and Lexion equipment within the established time standards
- Prepare accurate service and repair reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain good communication and trusted customer relationships through regular on site visits
- Participate in workplace safety, environmentally sound and healthy behaviours and objectives at all times in support if Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy/ Programs and best practices
- Must possess a valid Heavy Equipment Technician License with a minimum of 5 years experience in the agriculture industry combined with field experience
- Must possess diverse knowledge of Caterpillar products and systems as well as experience working on AGCO and Lexion equipment
- Must have a basic knowledge of cutting, welding and fabrication
- Must be able to read and understand prints, drawings and technical bulletins
- Knowledge of mechanics in electrical and hydraulic systems
- Customer centric with excellent relationship management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to complete repairs/service within established time guidelines in a busy, fast paced environment where priorities are constantly changing
- Self-directed team player with strong business acumen and integrity
- Focused, energetic and organized with superior attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- Flexible with initiative and willing to work on-call hours in support of business needs
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with CAT systems (ET and SIS would be beneficial)
- Must be willing and able to work evening shifts if required
- Knowledge of competitors’ equipment would be an asset
- Willing and able to travel to various locations in Manitoba and work remotely
- Must possess a valid Manitoba Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract
Toromont CAT is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity.