Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this position and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone who might be interested in this position.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Toromont CAT has a broad and diverse customer base that will provide consistent variety to exercise all facets of your interest and sales aptitude. We pride ourselves on our superior products, exceptional customer service and our outstanding team of professionals. Toromont CAT also offers a challenging and rewarding environment with great benefits and active career advancement.
Are you a hunter who is eager to develop new sales skills? We are seeking an Inside Sales Representative to be a vital source of support and continue building positive customer relationships and achieve both individual and company goals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies, please.
||St. John's Branch
||Newfoundland & Labrador [NL]
||Inside Sales Representative
- Re-establish, qualify and maintain contact with small to medium-sized customers to increase sales in both Lift and tractor business…parts, equipment and service.
- Proactively manage accounts in an assigned territory through weekly communication with customers
- Employ a disciplined call campaign, update the customer’s account information and begin to develop relationships to maintain accurate account and machine profiles
- Promote all aspects of the Dealership by providing sales leads to outside sales representatives
- Prospect new business within assigned territory to develop and qualify equipment and forward them to the Dealership’s outside sales organization
- Determine customer’s requirements through needs analysis and provide solutions
- Develop client quotes and tenders from recommendations made by technicians and assist with quotes for new contracts
- Maintain Quote Log System ensuring timely and accurate sales information
- Maintain and administer related processes and systems including call reports , weekly call plans, and other administrative duties in support of the business
- Assist with the development and administration of the annual territory plans and focus account plans for marketing programs targeted to prospective customers
- Ensure all sales tools and market intelligence are current and develop new tools for increase product exposure and participate in industry association events
- Participate in appropriate training and development i.e. Dealership’s ISR Training Program
- Establish attainable monthly and yearly objectives intended to reinforce continuous improvement and achievement toward company goals
- Participate in the collection of outstanding customer payments and facilitate resolutions/ agreements if required
- Assist in coordinating equipment department repairs via scheduler
- Assist in maintaining and keeping current, Toromont Used Equipment website
- Assist with day to day sales department activities as required
- Participate in safe work and environmentally sound behaviours and objectives at all times in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy/Program(s) and best practices
- Post Secondary Education and/or a technical or business background with 2+ years experience in a sales/service environment
- Technical/mechanical capacity and/or background in truck and/or heavy equipment understanding the marketplace
- Exceptional communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Customer centric with effective relationship building through all levels
- Proven analytical aptitude with attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Strong business and financial acumen with effective decision making skills
- Ability to effectively adapt and prioritize in a fast-paced environment, deadline driven environment
- Self starter, independent and a team player with strong initiative
- Computer and systems literate with proficiencies with DBS, Excel and Word
- Knowledge of CAT SIS, or experience with Toromont operations would be an asset
Toromont CAT is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity.