Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this position and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone who might be interested in this position.
If you have high intergrity and a good work ethic, we want you on our team. Our Parts Counter Person is a key customer contact advising and distributing parts over the counter for all customers either by telephone or in person. With a positive attitude, effective communication and superior service the Parts Counter Person sustains strong customer relationships and cultivates new ones.
||Goose Bay Branch
||Newfoundland & Labrador [NL]
||Parts Counter Person
- Coordinate the daily functions of the parts operations, including procuring, ordering, backorders, core processing, picking and delivery of parts to internal and external customers
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Process email, phone orders and parts sales over the counter
- Ensure customer's needs are met in an efficient, knowledgeable and professional manner
- Maintain the parts physical and electronic inventory and assemble hydraulic hoses to the CAT standards
- Process all core returns and warranty parts
- Provide on call service on weekends for emergency parts orders and all other required functions of the parts operations as necessary
- Participate in safe work and environmentally sound behaviours and objectives at all times in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy/Program(s) and best practices
- Post secondary education and 3+ years experience on a heavy equipment or truck parts counter/inside sales
- Technical/mechanical aptitude and background and/or experience with high volume sales
- Customer centric with strong interpersonal skills and relationship building capacity
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Self starter, independent and a team player with a sense of urgency
- Computer and systems literate with proficiencies with DBS, Excel and Word
- Knowledge of CAT SIS, or experience with Cat parts operations or similar systems would be an asset
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours in support of the business needs
- Must have a valid driver's license with a current and clean driver’s abstract
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont will accommodate any applicant with disabilities throughout the recruiting processes, including any required applications, interviews and/or assessments.