Click Apply Now if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Taseko Mines Limited (Taseko) is a mining exploration, development and production company. Our main assets are the Gibraltar copper-molybdenum mine just north of Williams Lake, the Prosperity gold-copper project, south west of Williams Lake, as well as the Harmony gold prospect in the Queen Charlotte Islands and Aley niobium prospect north west of Mackenzie, BC.
At Taseko Mines we are growing our Gibraltar operations, delivering exciting new projects, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work. Our formula for success is combining a working environment and community that allows our employees and their families to thrive.
Our Operational Investment in Gibraltar includes:
- Since re-opening Gibraltar in 2004 Taseko has invested nearly $700 million in new state-of-the-art mining and milling equipment
- Investment in the mine’s production capability from 80 million to 180 million pounds of copper per year
- We have expanded the workforce to over 700 employees working at Gibraltar, making us the largest private sector employer in the Cariboo
- Based on our investment the current mine life of Gibraltar is estimated to be an additional 25 years and will be the second largest open-pit mine in Canada
GIBRALTAR MINE: ROCK-SOLID CAREER GROWTH
Our investment in our people includes a new and innovative Performance Management Program that aligns our employees’ professional goals with a clear understanding of the milestones and timelines to achieve them. This competency and performance based program results in unmatched career management controls for our employees and truly allows you to decid
||Technician, Mine Maintenance
As part of our continuous growth we are currently sourcing a Technician, Mine Maintenance at our Gibraltar Mine to complement our world class team. If you have relevant qualifications, operational experience and a desire to improve your career and quality of life, we would be honored to have you consider Gibraltar Mines.
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides technical guidance related to maintenance practices of mining equipment, maintenance reliability improvements and business improvement projects
- Conducts studies related to mining equipment selection and infrastructure maintenance
- Updates maintenance information and controls documents/drawings for all equipment and systems
- Reviews oil, vibration and thermography data, maintenance inspection practices and submits recommendations for improvement
- Maintains historical data of equipment component performance and submits repair/replacement recommendations
- Provides input for annual maintenance budget
- Maintains effective information exchange within the maintenance department, materials and operations departments to resolve common issues or problem
- Mechanical Engineering Diploma
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Experience in the heavy industrial maintenance field and/or maintenance experience within an open pit mining operation
- Ability to set plans and priorities based on diverse inputs and changing requirements
- Solid written, verbal and group presentation skills
- Solid skills in AutoCAD and MS Office
Gibraltar offers an excellent benefit package which includes competitive salary, a Registered Retirement Savings Plan and relocation assistance to Williams Lake. Transportation is provided to/from Williams Lake and the mine site.
Williams Lake and area offers a unique combination of small city facilities, reasonably priced housing, excellent outdoor recreational opportunities and a temperate climate, all in a very central location, within easy driving distance to Kamloops, the Okanagan and the Lower Mainland. Information on Williams Lake can be found on the City of Williams Lake website at www.williamslake.ca.
||Gibraltar Mine Site
||Full Time Regular
Qualified applicants, eligible to work in Canada, are invited to explore this opportunity by submitting a cover letter and detailed resume outlining your qualifications and experience, in confidence, using the Apply button below.
We thank all applicants who express interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your application to this posting is deemed to be consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Gibraltar Mines respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information and we will retain this information for a period of 6 months