Click Apply Now if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
At Taseko Mines, we’re proud to call British Columbia our home. We are looking for enthusiastic employees who share our vision for long-term, responsible growth in this province. Joining our Gibraltar Mine team makes you part of Canada’s proud mining heritage. The Gibraltar coppermolybdenum mine is a cornerstone of the regional economy and an example of great Canadian mining in action. Located in the heart of BC’s stunning Cariboo region, Gibraltar is approximately 60 km north of Williams Lake. It is the second largest open pit copper mine in Canada.
A sustainable mining operation with a 27 year mine life, Gibraltar is undergoing a significant multi-phase expansion taking our daily milling throughput to 85,000 tons per day and we’re looking for talented candidates to help us facilitate this. That’s where you come in…
We currently have an opportunity for a
||Foreman, Mine Production - Dispatch
Reporting to the Senior Foreman, Mine Production, the Mine Production Foreman - Dispatch is responsible for coordinating and overseeing mining activities on shift and ensuring optimum utilization and efficient of machinery and the recovery of commodity bearing ore according to production targets with the assistance of the various mine technical systems deployed on the mine.
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures adherence to the Mine Health, Safety and Environmental procedures and legal requirements
- Co-ordinates the shift handover by checking physical mining activities and communicates to relevant peers, supervisors and employees
- Plan activities in accordance with operational and maintenance schedules (short term production targets) and allocates resources as required by utilizing the fleet management systems capabilities
- Co-ordinates and monitors mining activities to ensure adherence to mine standards and operational targets and efficiencies
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders of various mining processes to ensure operational optimization
- Utilizes the different mining technical systems facilities and functionalities to monitor, optimize and manage loading, hauling, drilling and support equipment
- Gathers, analyzes and trends relevant mining activities information to compile reports according to departmental procedures and requirements
- Communicates operational information and changes to relevant stakeholders to minimize delays in ore extraction improving and driving high equipment utilization
- Continuously analyzes relevant mining activities to recommend or implement improvement/changes to maximize outputs
- Complies with the Risk Management Plan according to organizational requirements
- High School graduate with a minimum of 3-5 years varied operations experience, including supervisory, within an open pit mining environment
- 2 years’ experience as a Dispatcher of Open Pit Mining Equipment and have a BC Shift Boss Ticket
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct and supervise work
- Solid written, verbal and group presentation skills
- Experience with MS office software and functional keyboard skills
Gibraltar offers an excellent benefit package which includes competitive salary, a Registered Retirement Savings Plan and relocation assistance to Williams Lake.
||Gibraltar Mine Site
||Full Time Regular
Qualified applicants, eligible to work in Canada, are invited to explore this opportunity by submitting a cover letter and detailed resume outlining your qualifications and experience, in confidence, using the Apply button below.
We thank all applicants who express interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your application to this posting is deemed to be consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Gibraltar Mines respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information and we will retain this information for a period of 6 months