Click Apply Now if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Taseko Mines Limited (Taseko) is a mining exploration, development and production company. Our main assets are the Gibraltar copper-molybdenum mine just north of Williams Lake, the Prosperity gold-copper project, south west of Williams Lake, as well as the Harmony gold prospect in the Queen Charlotte Islands and Aley niobium prospect north west of Mackenzie, BC.
At Taseko Mines we are growing our Gibraltar operations, delivering exciting new projects, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work. Our formula for success is combining a working environment and community that allows our employees and their families to thrive.
Our Operational Investment in Gibraltar includes:
- Since re-opening Gibraltar in 2004 Taseko has invested nearly $700 million in new state-of-the-art mining and milling equipment
- Investment in the mine’s production capability from 80 million to 180 million pounds of copper per year
- We have expanded the workforce to over 700 employees working at Gibraltar, making us the largest private sector employer in the Cariboo
- Based on our investment the current mine life of Gibraltar is estimated to be an additional 25 years and will be the second largest open-pit mine in Canada
GIBRALTAR MINE: ROCK-SOLID CAREER GROWTH
Our investment in our people includes a new and innovative Performance Management Program that aligns our employees’ professional goals with a clear understanding of the milestones and timelines to achieve them. This competency and performance based program results in unmatched career management controls for our employees and truly allows you to decide how far you want to take your career.
To meet our aggressive goals for the company, we are committed to making Gibraltar Mines the premier destination for resource sector professionals, a commitment that extends to the surrounding communities as we strive to create the best work/life environment in our industry. As part of our continuous growth we are currently sourcing Certified Journeyman Millwrights at our Gibraltar Mine to complement our world class team.
Reporting to the Foreman, Mill Maintenance the Certified Journeyman Millwright is responsible for performing mechanical maintenance and repairs in Mill, Crusher, Tailings, SX-EW as well as Site Facilities.
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Meeting production, maintenance and safety goals and objectives
- Performing preventative, predictive & breakdown maintenance associated with operations equipment including, but not limited to, crushers, conveying systems, grinding mills, pumps & piping systems
- Contributing to the development of apprentices and working as part of a team to accomplish maintenance goals and targets
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a valid driver’s licence
- Interprovincial trade qualifications in Millwrighting (Red Seal Certification)
- Preference will be given to candidates with open pit mining experience
- Welding and fabricating experience will be considered an asset
Gibraltar offers an excellent benefit package which includes competitive salary, a Registered Retirement Savings Plan and relocation assistance to Williams Lake. Transportation is provided to/from both Williams Lake and Quesnel and the mine site.
||Gibraltar Mine Site
||Full Time Regular
Qualified applicants, eligible to work in Canada, are invited to explore this opportunity by submitting a cover letter and detailed resume outlining your qualifications and experience, in confidence, using the Apply button below.
Visit us at www.tasekomines.com to learn more about our New Prosperity and Harmony projects. Information on Williams Lake can be found on the City of Williams Lake website at www.williamslake.ca
We thank all applicants who express interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your application to this posting is deemed to be consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Gibraltar Mines respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information and we will retain this information for a period of 6 months