Looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued and you can help make a difference in a city of vibrant communities?
This is an incredible opportunity to work for one of BC's top employers for six consecutive years and to contribute to the exciting evolution of the City of Surrey!
Apply to Job Tell A Friend
||Applications Analyst 3 (ECM)
||Full Time Regular
Under general supervision, you will investigate, analyze and specify business information systems to meet clients’ business needs. You will consider the business implications of applying information technology to clients’ business environment, and through research and fact-finding, combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements, formulate and define the scope and objectives of business systems, and develop information systems requirements.
You will also perform analysis, design, develop, implement, document and maintain applications for both business and technical information systems and model data and processes.
As the Application Analyst 3, you will function as a specialist within a team environment by providing information related to the area of expertise, provide advice and guidance to junior staff in a proactive manner and for limited time periods, you may be responsible for assisting in planning and organizing work assignments of junior staff. You will act as a consultant to clients by providing detailed advice on technical solutions and/or change to business methods/processes, you may be accountable for a sub-project within an application/delivery or support project for a single client, as well as being responsible for leading a small (up to 5 people) project team, involving planning and organizing work assignments, providing direction and coaching on work assignments, ensuring that objectives and deadlines are met, and assessing performance.
The following would be considered assets:
- Experience with business software application implementation & support, web application architectures, custom report development, relational data design & modeling, performance tuning, workflow, and application integration
- A technical skill set that includes Open Text Content Server 10 and/or Livelink 9.71, LiveReports, WebDav, Workflow , Object Importer, XML, Microsoft VB.Net, C#, Visual Studio, Content Server 10 API, Web Services, Ezescan or other scanning-related software , Oracle SQL scripting (PL/SQL) and JSP
- Domain knowledge in Records Management, file plans, corporate taxonomies, dispositions, and related processing, data and document migration, document scanning.
Qualified applicants will have completed ONE of the following:
- Diploma in a directly related field from a recognized institution plus 6 years of directly related experience
- Bachelors Degree in an directly related field from a recognized institution plus 4 years of directly related experience
- Technical courses in the field plus 8 years of directly related and relevant experience.
Experience to include at least two years at the Application Analyst 2 level or acceptable equivalent.
||Effective fall 2013, City Hall will be moving to a new state-of-the-art facility located in North Surrey (King George and 104th area). Surrey's New City Hall (NCH) is part of the Build Surrey program, designed to make Surrey an even more exciting place to live and work, and to position the city for growth over the next decade. NCH will act as a catalyst to stimulate job creation in the city and will be easily accessible to residents and businesses.
||This position requires completion of criminal record check.
Integrity - Service - Teamwork - Innovation - Community
Click Apply to Job if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.