Looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued and you can help make a difference in a city of vibrant communities?
This is an incredible opportunity to work for one of BC's top employers for six consecutive years and to contribute to the exciting evolution of the City of Surrey!
||Full Time Regular
The City of Surrey is seeking a qualified, experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as Records Manager.
Reporting to the City Clerk, the Records Manager is responsible for managing people and processes related to a broad range of information management services. This includes electronic records, ECM, digitization, shared drives and administrative work relating to the centralized corporate records information management system including classification, retention, retrieval and disposal of municipal records in accordance with the Community Charter and the Local Government Act. As a key member of the management team, core areas of responsibility include:
- Providing strategic direction and leadership including effective staff management and team building;
- Project management for the various information management initiatives; and
- Assessing, review and enhancement of internal records processes and workflows.
The successful candidate will have:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Studies, Archival Studies or Records Management with a minimum of five years experience OR
- Certified Records Manager designation with minimum of five years related experience.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and liaise with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of modern manual and computerized records and information management systems and of computer-based system applications related to the work.
- Proven experience implementing an electronic records management system, preferably in a municipal setting.
- Considerable knowledge of the legislation, rules, regulations, practices and procedures governing the work.
Interested applicants should have well developed interpersonal and team skills and who are able to adapt quickly to changing needs in a fast paced office environment.
||Effective fall 2013, City Hall will be moving to a new state-of-the-art facility located in North Surrey (King George and 104th area). Surrey's New City Hall (NCH) is part of the Build Surrey program, designed to make Surrey an even more exciting place to live and work, and to position the city for growth over the next decade. NCH will act as a catalyst to stimulate job creation in the city and will be easily accessible to residents and businesses.
Integrity - Service - Teamwork - Innovation - Community
Click Apply to Job if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.