Looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued and you can help make a difference in a city of vibrant communities?
This is an incredible opportunity to work for one of BC's top employers for six consecutive years and to contribute to the exciting evolution of the City of Surrey!
Apply to Job Tell A Friend
||Full Time Regular
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for one of the most progressive leaders in public safety in Canada? The Surrey Fire Services is currently recruiting for a Chief Mechanic that will oversee the fleet vehicles and equipment. Reporting to the Fire Chief, the successful incumbent will play a key role in overseeing the shop and provide top quality service to one of the fastest growing municipalities in Canada. If you are interested in a career with incredible potential for professional and personal growth we encourage you to keep reading.
- You will use your leadership and supervisory skills to oversee a team of Heavy Duty Mechanics.
- You will use your knowledge of commercial and/or heavy duty equipment to provide expertise and administer the preventive maintenance programs, repairs and government inspections of vehicles and equipment used by the Fire Service.
- Your excellent ability to communicate and persuade will be critical as you interact with Firefighters, Administration Team, and other key stakeholders.
- You are able to think and strategically plan using and evidence-based decision making process.
- You are a "big picture" thinker and have the ability to understand how decisions impact the operations. As the Chief Mechanic you will manage the operational budget and other administration related duties, such as, equipment RFQs, leverage record management systems and asset management software to collect/analyse data.
- Your effective time management and organization skills will be critical as you deliver on your objectives within demanding timelines and quickly adjust to changes in areas of focus
To be considered you will possess:
- Grade 12 and a Commercial or Heavy Duty Mechanic Trades Qualification supplemented by EVT certifications. EVT Master Certification is considered an asset.
- A Diploma or Degree in Business Administration or other related field is considered an asset
- Minimum of 7 years’ of directly related experience in a related industry
- Supervisory experience in a unionized environment is considered a strong asset.
- A valid Class 3 BC Driver’s License with air brake endorsement and a safe driving record are required.
- A criminal record check will be required.
Integrity - Service - Teamwork - Innovation - Community
Click Apply to Job if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.