Looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued and you can help make a difference in a city of vibrant communities?
This is an incredible opportunity to work for one of BC's top employers for six consecutive years and to contribute to the exciting evolution of the City of Surrey!
||Building Inspector 1
||Full Time Regular
||Union - CUPE Local 402
||It’s no secret that the City of Surrey is growing at a rapid rate. With over 1000 new residents a month coming to live in this vibrant City, the opportunities are immense in the Planning and Development Department. We are looking to add a Building Inspector our team of passionate, knowledgeable, and dedicated professionals in our Building Division. As a Building Inspector, each day is different from the last as you will be exposed to new challenges, situations, and opportunities. If you are interested in a career with incredible potential for professional and personal growth we encourage you to keep reading.
- Using your experience and practical knowledge of construction you will facilitate the building process on a variety of projects.
- You are someone who embraces opportunities to learn and grow your knowledge and skill base.
- As a valuable member of the Building Inspection team you have exceptional teamwork abilities.
- The Inspectors are going mobile thus reducing the amount of time spent in the office! As such you are someone, who is able to autonomously and make sound decision in the field.
- Your excellent communication, interpersonal and public relations skills will be critical as you engage with contractors, City staff, and the public.
Qualified applicants will have a minimum of a Grade 12 and a Diploma in or certificate in Building Technology or a related discipline. You will have at least three (3) years’ experience in the building trades. Technical achievement of Level I from the Building Official’s Association of BC is an asset. A combination of training and experience may be considered. Applicant having related municipal experience or formal leadership roles on large multifamily construction projects is considered a strong asset
||This position requires completion of criminal record check.
Integrity - Service - Teamwork - Innovation - Community
Click Apply to Job if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.